Environmental sustainability is extremely important to both of us and we work hard to reflect in both our candles and packaging. Everything we use is either made from recycled material and/or can be recycled. Our wax is 100% natural soy with no added chemicals, meaning they produce around 90% less soot than paraffin candles. We recommend our customers reuse their glass jars and even offer local customers a 50% discount on their next candle if they save their jar for us to pick up. Our labels are made of 100% recycled kraft paper. All of our packaging can be recycled and we use eco-friendly “bubble wrap” and packing peanuts, which dissolve in water and are biodegradable.
To continue helping our planet, we also offer you a chance to purchase carbon offsets which balances the desire to conserve and regenerate the local environment.
From the carbon offsets purchased 50% will be allocated to local flagship forest regeneration or conservation projects, and 50% will go to high-impact international clean energy projects. Some of the projects included are:
1. Pungo River Avoided Forest Conversion Project, South Carolina, USA
2.Yarra Yarra Biodiversity Corridor, Perth, Australia
3. Arawera native forest conservation, Taranaki, New Zealand
4. Solar Water Heater Project, India
5. Wind Farm Development, India
6. Biogas Energy Project, Hezhang, China
7. Rainforest Conservation and Agroforestry, Panama